Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Thoughts for the day...

Admittedly I am a video game freak; I love them. I was raised in an era where we had all the game systems just coming out. Just to give you the chronology of my video gaming....

First came the Intellivision. That's right kids there were games before the Nintendo. Next was the Nintendo, followed by the Super Nintendo, Turbo Grafx 16, Sega Genesis, Playstation 1, PS 2 (yep I was one of the people that stood in line), Xbox, Xbox 360 and finally PS3 and Wii. Like I said, VIDEO GAME FREAK.

Some people read books (I do too, I love a good book) or listen to the radio, I play games. They take me to a place in my imagination that books and shows do for people of different generations. To say I enjoy them would be a massive understatement; I am one of the lucky ones too that has a wife and family that is very understading.

That being said, Battlefield BC2 is one of the new games I have been playing. It's awesome and even though my extensive gaming history (as well as sports history competing) this game was my first foray into the online gaming community. Sports and competition in anything are virtually the same, I mean competition is competition and I guess I should not be surprised at the scumbags to decide to cheat to inflate their numbers. It just goes to show how much the video game community has in common with the cheating baseball players.

Next time one of you idiots is so quick to judge a sports figure for doping (which I do not condone, they should be suspended immediately) look at your own actions. Every time I play one of these games and you morons think you're awesome by sitting at the spawn points I quit and find a game where the players actually try to use some skill. If this is you and this describes your style let me be the first to tell you what everyone else is thinking. You are a dousche bag...

And to go a step further what is the point? I mean if you took steroids (however much I hate cheaters) I see the allure. You want more homers, more RBI's, more innings, more K's and ultimately more money. But what do you get by cheating at this game online??? Are you the coolest guy in the basement of your buddies parents house while you drink mountain dew? Here's an idea, get a beer, move out of your parents house, try to get a girl, be a man, and try to play the games the way they are intended to be played. My guess, you are too much of a pussy...

Grow up D-bags, you get nothing by being the guy with highest rank, most kills, or best kill to death ratio. I will however crown you as the most annoying, overrated, sorry excuse for a gamer on the internet.

Go F$#* yourself.

Oh and by the way anyone with DTH DEALER in their name you know this is for you....you'll probably get grounded by your parents soon for talking back. Have a nice evening.

No comments: